Tuesday 2 November 2010

Next in the Saga

I'm sorry to have to report that Tia is once more back in the vet. Thanks to all of your donations and some absolutely super help and luck that I can only imagine was facilitated from above, I should now be able to have her treated, within reason, until she is better. If it wasn't for you all, I wouldn't have even been able to consider taking her back.


All day today, Tia has been ill. I continued with the force-feeding of fluids which, bless her, she put up with. She was unhappy, but not once did she bite or smack me, and I had to get my fingers right in on her teeth to feel where to put the syringe. She took it all and still purred for me whenever I came to her. She didn't like to be held though, and seemed extremely uncomfortable. Her temperature went high, then low after I'd opened all available windows, then right back up again. She hadn't pooed until 3 in the afternoon, but when she went, it was, if possible, even worse than before. It was pure liquid, and there was loads of it. The poor thing was covered in it, her tail, her back legs, her bum. When I was cleaning her, she growled at me, and then again, and again every time I touched her. Now this doesn't sound like much, but this cat has never, ever even come close to growling at anyone, let alone me. As soon as she'd finished each growling session, she went right back to purring, and it was a loud, constant one, which sounded a little different to normal. Now perhaps I'm imagining this, I don't know, but it sounded different to me. I know cats can often pur when they're very sick, so I didn't wait around. I took her straight back.


They have admitted her once more. Her temperature was above 104 yet again, and this even though she's had most of the fur on her belly shaved away for scans and has been having fluids every hour. I shudder to think what would have happened if my boss hadn't given me the time off work. It still wasn't enough for her to cool herself. They still don't know what's wrong, but they are now suspecting that it could be Giardia or another bug type thing that I think sounds something like bacaloria. I know that's not the name, but I was so worried that it went right past me. There is a possibility that it could be Giardia. Dogman could have picked it up, and so could I. Both of us have had bad tummies, really bad, in fact, and his shows all of the typical symptoms of Giardia. Even mine does to an extent. It's possible Molly could have picked it up somewhere when she was at the vets, and the incubation period would be about right for us all to have come down with it. We just don't know.


So she's in again. They are going to do all manner of tests on her and I hope and pray that this time, something is conclusive. At least then we will have something to treat. It's amazing how fast they can get sick. It took her no time at all, really.


As soon as I have news, I'll make sure to post here. Once again, thank you so much to you all, both for support and donations. I can't tell you how much it means at a time like this to know people care.

13 comments:

Kea said...

Poor little Tia! Continued purrs and healing Light to her and (((hugs))) to you!

The Lee County Clowder said...

Sending healing purrrrrss and comforting purrrrayers to Tia, and a {{hug}} to her human. Hang in there, both of you.

ppuurrrrrrrrrr

The Island Cats said...

We are so sorry Tia is sick. We are purring for her...and you too!...and hope the vet can figure out what is going on and she can get better.

Karen said...

I hope the figure out what it is quick and make her better

Sweet Purrfections said...

I hope the vet can figure out what is wrong with Tia and she is back as new very soon.

Marg said...

WE sure hope they can figure out something to make Tia feel better. Poor little thing and poor you having to do all that treatment. We are keeping our paws crossed and saying lots of prayers. Take care.

Jans Funny Farm said...

Oh, poor Tia. She sounds miserable and very sick. We hope they find the problem and it's easily treated so she can get well quickly. So glad the donations came in.

Amy & the house of cats said...

Oh we are so sad that Tia is still so sick. We had hoped that she would be getting better. We are still sending her tons and tons of purrs and prayers. We hope that being at the vets will help her and that they can make her better very quickly!!

Samantha & Mom said...

Purrrrrs for Tia to get better soon!! So hope the Vet figures out what it is!!
((((((HUGGGSSSSSS))))))) from your TX furiends,

Everycat said...

Our ape has been away and we've only just been allowed on the pc to catch up. We are all so sorry that poor Tia has been so poorly. Paws crossed that it's something like Giardia which is treatable. We cats do purr when we are in pain and tummy issues can make our tums sore.

We send Tia and you, lots of love and rumbly purrs

Whicky Wuudler

KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

O, Tia, we kitties are so furry sad to hear you are sickly.
We's sending you strong purrs and lots of love.
KC
Missy Blue Eyes
Faith Boomerang
Sol
Smokey
Brutus Jr
Mom ML

Admiral Hestorb said...

I am desperately sorry to learn of Tia's illness and the rest of you as well. Poor poor baby girl. All my love to her and prayers that she gets better.

Cat said...

I am so sorry to hear that Tia is sick. It is very worrying AND frustrating when they don't know what the matter is! I hope the vet can tell you something soon and help Tia to feel better!